The New Generation of Virtual Reality

The New Generation of Virtual Reality

Imagination Recreation licensed and distributes virtual reality settings to the users of our product, we sell an experience. Through our advanced technological equipment that allows the mind to live vicariously in its subconscious, users of our products are able to take a realistic venture into their dreams.

Investors in the company Imagination Recreation have insisted on releasing information based upon firsthand accounts of our trial runs with the users of the Virtual Dream Machine, DreamWorks 3.

The experience users of DreamWorks 3 have while using the device will be assessed and recorded. Immediately after every use of DreamWorks 3, users must answer a series of questions about their awareness of reality.

All information collected will be made public.

User #9058 "Billy Simon"

Collected Data from User #9058 "Billy Simon" on April 22, 2033. 11:13am PST.

Dr. 626
“You’ve just completed your fourth session in the DreamWorks 3 Series, thus enabling you to have a realistic experience in your virtual subconscious. How do you feel?”

#9058 “Billy”
“Why does everyone always ask that stupid question?”

Dr. 626
“Because it is relevant.”

#9058 “Billy”
“Well, it’s annoying. I had fun this time with DreamWorks, except for the constant nausea. But I was Batman for the last twenty-three minutes.”

Dr. 626
“You spent the whole session in one sequence? In one dream?”

#9058 “Billy”
“Yeah, I was flying around in a black cape and everything. But I was here, in *named of city omitted from records* and I was looking for some crime boss named Richard Madsen. The name sounds familiar but I’m not sure who that is. Oh, and I was also supposed to be deciphering this code. Here, do you have a pen?”

Note: User #9058 stood up and grabbed a marker out of Dr. 626’s pocket and began to write on the wall. The image spelled out  series of letters and numbers:

#9058 “Billy”
“Do you know what this means? I can’t believe I remembered it, but I guess everything did feel like it was real. I did just read this a couple of times in the last twenty-three minutes.”

Dr. 626
“Well, I’m not quite sure myself, but it looks like some sort of code, something to interpret maybe. Have you had any recent dreams involving any Free Media or Culture outlets?

#9058 “Billy”
“No dreams about Free Media but I had a Batman dream last night because I did just watch Batman VII two nights before last. And I remember finding a pamphlet in my daughter’s room about Students for Free Culture about a week ago. Is that what you are talking about?”

Dr. 626
“That could possibly explain the origin of your dream. But we are concerned with your awareness of reality. Do you think you are Batman?”

#9058 “Billy”
“Uhh no… I’m Billy Simon. And I want a cigarette.”

Dr. 626
“Understood.”

No comments:

Post a Comment